Thursday 12 August 2010

Ella Rose Riehle

0 comments
Mom: 'She wanted to be unforgettable'

 You could say an Ohio baby's birth was right on time. She was born on 8/9/10 at 11:12 p.m.

When Terri Riehler came to Christ Hospital to be induced, she knew it was going to be a special day.

"I'm like 'Oh! Easy! I won't get my kids birthdays' mixed up.' 8/9/10... It'll be easy to remember, good to go!" she said.

Her doctor was the one who noticed the unique birthday.

"And then just joking I said 'wouldn't that be fun if happened at 11:12,'" said Dr. Peggy Heis.

But then 11:12 a.m. came and went. Twelve hours later, just before 11 p.m., the labor started getting intense. The minutes just kept ticking by and despite Terri pushing, the baby wasn't coming.

"I looked at my mother-in-law right as the baby was coming out and I looked up at the clock and I tapped her and I started pointing at the clock, like look, look," said Scott Riehle.

Sure enough, Ella Rose made her big debut right on time. And she weighed almost 6 pounds, 7 ounces.

"Pushing and pushing and the heart rate was going down. And I said you have to push now. You have to get his baby out and baby popped out and I look at the clock and there it was 11:12. So somethings are just meant to be," said Dr. Heis.

"She was set on that time. She wanted to be unforgettable," added Terri.

0 comments:

Post a Comment