Wednesday 25 August 2010

Jennifer Griffin

0 comments
Fox News defense correspondent Jennifer Griffin made a teary return to the airwaves Wednesday after being sidelined by breast cancer for nearly a year.

Griffin had been diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in September 2009, and stepped down from her post to get treatment. She is now cancer-free.

Griffin chose to return in a big way: by heading to Afghanistan to interview General David Petraeus about the war. She was on "Studio B," wrapping up a report, when host Shepard Smith asked her how she was feeling about her return.

That's when Griffin got emotional.

"I must say I've been on the verge of tears all day because I've had so many warm wishes from everyone there," she said, "and I must thank everyone. It's very emotional for me to be back. Now you're going to get me all teared up!"

Smith seemed on the verge of tears himself.

"These are tears of joy," he said to Griffin. "I think you've surprised yourself this time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment