Monday 31 May 2010

Audie Murphy

0 comments
Memorial Day a day to honor all of America’s fallen soldier throughout time. On this Memorial Day 2010, The Sergeant Audie Murphy Club (SAMC) inducted another of America’s military leaders into its ranks. Today Sergeant Holly Burke, a three time Iraq tour survivor and leader, has achieved one of the greatest honors an NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) can achieve; she was welcomed as a member into the SAMC.
Becoming a member of The Sergeant Audie Murphy Club is something Burke has always aspired to. She is said be completely overwhelmed and honored. The Sergeant was quoted saying “Being named to the SAMC means everything to me; I studied for this for a year and had no expectation of getting it on my first try. It’s all very surreal to me. But having accomplished this shows me that I actually am good at something.”
The SAMC is a military organization that recognizes America’s finest; the men and women who have serve our country.
The Sergeant Audie Murphy Club was named after the legendary and most decorated soldier of the WWII era Sergeant Audie Murphy

0 comments:

Post a Comment