Thursday 27 May 2010

Tony Kusian

0 comments
Crystal Bowersox didn't just lose the title of American Idol, the singer also lost a boyfriend.

During an interview on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Thursday morning, the reality show runnerup revealed she ended her relationship with boyfriend Tony Kusian on the first day of this week's "Idol" finale.

"He went home. He wasn't cool with the lifestyle," Bowersox explained. "I didn't break up with him. It was a mutual thing. It's cool, though. We're both logical, grown adults."

Bowersox, 24, pointed to the couple's difference in lifestyles as the cause for the breakup.

"He's a small-town guy and it's fine. But I'm a small-town girl [and] I want this. I want this more than anything — this career, this lifestyle," she said. "I didn't think he was up for it. He didn't think he was up for it."

Kusian, 26, previously told People.com that life in Los Angeles, where Bowersox was living during her time on "Idol," is "kind of tough at times but you get used to it."

"Some days are more fun than others," he told the mag. "But it's been hard to find friends out there. I want to keep it low key. I don't need the attention."

Though she was "a little sad" her ex choose to split on performance day, Bowersox told Seacrest the breakup "set that fire in my belly."

Sadly for the single mother, that fire wasn't strong enough. Bowersox's chances of winning the singing competition fizzled when contestant Lee DeWyze was named winner of the ninth season of "American Idol" on Wednesday night.

Despite the loss, Bowersox will soon have her hands full when she goes on tour with the show's top 10 contestants.

"Now the real work begins," she said. "My life is never going to be the same, and I'm ready for all of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment