Friday 21 May 2010

How Old Is Dolly Parton

0 comments
Country legend Dolly Parton is the queen of excess, but there's no shame in her game. She's on The Oprah Winfrey Show today where she dished about makeup, money and looking cheap. Here are some highlights:

On getting all Dolly-ed up every day

OPRAH: So we would never catch you out in a ponytail and a headband?
DOLLY: Not unless my husband was dying. (laughter)
OPRAH: Really.
DOLLY: And I was having to run get help. I always say nobody -- I've been saying all these people like Kathie Lee and all them yesterday going on without makeup and all. Would you do that? I said, Lord, have mercy, no. (laughter) The only way I'd be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me.

On managing her wealth
OPRAH: Where you came from. And then making money and then making more money and making more money. Did you find it easier to handle?
DOLLY: Yeah, I get a lot of that from my dad. I never spend a dollar that I don't think about it.
OPRAH: Yeah.
DOLLY: And I'm sure you're the same way once you've got it. I do spend it but I'm the kind of person that it's hard for me to spend like a huge amount on one outfit, like to go to Beverly Hills and say, oh, there's a coat for $5,000?
OPRAH: Mm-hmm.
DOLLY: I'm like you. I'd rather go to Wal-Mart and get a whole bunch of stuff. Because it's all gonna look the same on me. I'm gonna look cheap in no matter what I wear

0 comments:

Post a Comment